We have finally made it to New York but not without being totally exhausted. After a lot of organizing a packing company came on Thursday and packed up our house. As much as I was stressed about the move I am so glad that I did not have to pack. This is the way to move. I sat on my couch and watched everyone work, I even felt guilty about it. Thursday we did as much cleaning as we could and luckily they left our bed unpacked and we slept at our home one last time. Then Friday the moving company came and loaded all the stuff on the big Orange Allied truck. Taylor thought the truck was pretty cool. They were there most of the day and after that we cleaned as quickly as we could (that is a lot harder than I thought with 3 children). My parents and Casey came down and helped us get out of the house that night and finish up the last few things, it was much appreciated. I was almost ready to break down. I was just exhausted. What made it so bad was that I got a nasty cold and Taylor also got sick and neither one of us had much sleep. Friday night we stayed at my parents and said our last goodbyes. I did my best to not cry.
That night the twins became congested and none of slept that well but the airplane was waiting for us and we had to get up at 6:30a and head out. I will just say I am sure everyone was really annoyed with us on the plane. One of the twins was screaming almost the whole time. On the positive side Taylor was awesome, he even took a nap. We were very happy to land in Philadelphia where Dave's sweet parents came and picked us up. We needed the much help.
That night Dave got a migraine from all the stress and tension and was throwing up, no fun. Sunday we went to church with Dave's family and then drove to White Plains, our new home town. The traffic was horrible, why is traffic in NJ and NY horrible on a Sunday night??? It took us a lot longer than it should. We did arrive though and Dave had to carry all our crap to our apartment on the 5th floor cause some lady was slowly moving here stuff with the cart. It was so nice to be here. To know that I could settle in and relax and take care of my sick children. I have felt so bad dragging them around while they have been sick. And poor Taylor has been miserable with his cold and has just wanted to go home. Where is home? It hurts me to watch him be confused and not be able to be comforted with this new place. What is worse is that we will move again in a month or so. It will eventually end.
We are here though and I feel so much better. We are in a high rise building in White Plains, NY and I feel like a city slicker. Crazy! Here are a few pics of the new apartment enjoy!
One last positive, our home in UT is under contract and should close by Nov 6 :)
11 comments:
What a crazy thing...everything has happened very quickly for you guys! It really does stink that you are kind of in limbo until you move to a new place and can truly get settled. It probably has seemed more depressing than anything, sick kids, new place; but we are sure glad you guys are closer. And that is awesome that your house sold so quickly! Now, at least you know you can buy a new house right away and don't have to wait on that. That should help some.
I hope you are all feeling better. We are getting over the stomach thing at our house and hopefully we'll have all the kiddos healthy for trick-or-treating this weekend! See you soon!
P.s. Your new apartment looks nice!
Tracie!! You moved!!! And I didn't even know!! Do you still have your same cell #?? I miss you, I need to talk to you and catch up, see how everything is going- keep in touch and good luck!! Love ya!
We are glad u made it safely. That sounds like a miserable few days. I can't believe you are in New York now. We will miss you and can't wait to come visit. Awesome news about the house we will keep our fingers crossed!! Love ya!!
I'm glad you made it to NY safely and hopefully everyone is feeling better and settling in!!
Miss you guys already!
What a trip! We're so glad to hear that you got their safely. Hopefully you can catch up on some R 'n' R the next couple of weeks before moving again. Utah's missing you guys already!
I'm so sorry!! It's no fun having sick kids or all the stress of moving (let alone at the same time). I hope you all get some much needed rest. Keep in touch.
Wow! So much change and stress... you guys are amazing. We wish you the best of luck as you adjust and move and set up your new life there in NY. What a great adventure you've begun! Your little family will grow so much from it. Even though we haven't been away from UT for very long, it's amazing to think about how many great people we've met and how much fun we've had as a little family since we moved to WA. The Lord has awesome experiences in store for you, I'm sure.
All of you get better soon! I'm so glad your house sold so there's at least one less thing to worry about. Know that the Hansens are thinking about you! Keep us updated!
Oh my heavens!!! I can't believe all of the drama that you guys have been through! But, I'm glad that you made it there safely. I hope you are all feeling better though! We really miss you guys!! Hopefully we can come and visit soon! Congrats on selling your house! That was so fast!! Meant to be!! :) P.S. Your apartment looks awesome! Are you guys looking for a house there now?
We miss you so much already! We have tried to prepare Ava for not seeing Taylor around, and she didn't really get it until today. She would ask for Taylor here and there, and we'd say, "no Taylor is in New York", but it totally would go over her head. After play group today she said "mama, I see Lily and Nixon. Taylor in New York." She still has no clue that him being gone is a permanent thing, but at least she knew why he wasn't there.
It's good to hear that your house is under contract - that was fast! Hope all is going well with you guys. I am so mad at myself for not getting over there and seeing you one last time. :(
Thinking about you guys and hope all is going well! Hope everyone felt better for Halloween!
i am glad it is all over!! for a month at least!! until dec. 25 when you get kicked out-!! i am sorry it was so drama but i am glad your there and adjusting! We miss you and I already drove by your house just to smile!! Hope your feeling better!
Post a Comment