Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Yummy Rice Cereal

The twins got to finally start eating solid food. I have put it off because I just was not ready for the mess. Drew was very ready to eat and Lana was just starting to show signs of interest and it it is the same way with their first bites. Drew ate and Lana wasn't sure about the food.

They have been great but a little backed up with eating the solid food and that causes other problems. The twins just have not been sleeping well since we moved. I know the 2 hour time change caused a problem then with daylight savings and starting solid food and moving. I think it might be getting back to normal but it has been a rough to weeks. I feel like we are never getting sleep. Poor Dave has to deal with it also because the twins are sleeping in our room. Hopefully they will start sleeping through the night soon or I might just go crazy.

It is crazy how sometimes we forget that Heavenly Father is always with us and forget to confide in him and ask for his help. The first week we were here I was so frustrated with the lack of sleep and I would get so upset at night with the twins. My patience was very thin. Suddenly I realized I needed to pray for patience and the ability to cope with stress. Things quickly changed! I feel so much love for my children and that allows me to relax and just cuddle them and be ok. It was just a little reminder to pray and remember that we always have someone to help us if we are willing.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Great reminder about prayer!! I only have one little baby and sometimes I feel like I'm going to lose it (and by "it" I mean my sanity and sometimes my husband)! I can only imagine what it must be like with two babies and a toddler. You're awesome! I'm going to work more at my prayers...I could use some extra help right now. Glad to see you're all doing well! Your kids are so cute!!

kristin said...

Tracie you are a trooper!! you have had a ton of adjustments and time changes and your doing awesome!! That is always a comfort knowing we can find comfort in prayer! I am glad your doing better- your in our prayers!! Miss ya!!

Alison said...

That was so cute watching them eat! I have a feeling Lydia is going to be more in the Drew camp than the Lana camp when it comes to eating solids. I don't see her spitting much out. Have they started on fruits/veggies yet?

You probably can't do it until you get into a house, but the best advice I have as far as sleeping is to let them cry it out. I did it with Cecily (not with my spoiled firstborn or with Bentley) and to this day she is my very best sleeper. It was a rough week (progressively easier each night) and I would just sit and cry with her...but then, it was magic. I'd put her in the crib, leave the room and not hear from her until morning. I think she was about 7 months old or so when I did that. I am absolutely planning to do it this time around with Lydia. It's rough but SO worth it in the end.

Fredia said...

You are such a good example to me. Thanks for being you!

The Lichtie Family said...

Good reminder!! After getting a whopping 3 hours of sleep last night (then hosting playgroup) I have found myself frustrated too! It's nice to know there's always someone there:)

The Staheli's said...

That is a hilarious conversation that you and Taylor had and I can't believe Drew and Lana are eating solids go Tracie! Prayer is a powerful thing. Thanks for sharing your experience.