
We needed to get out of town and decided to head to NYC for a street festival. We found parking for $11 for 10 hours (that is a great deal) and it wasn't far from the festival. There were a lot of booths selling hats, sunglasses, ethnic food, scarves, purses, ethnic decor, herbs, breads, etc. We had a lot of fun just walking up and down Broadway, watching people and having some treats.
One of our favorite things about the festival was when a lady came up to us and asked where we bought Drew's helmet. She thought it looked like a cool fashion statement and wanted to jump on it. When I told her it came from the doctor she was a little embarrassed and walked away. But she didn't leave without getting Drew on film in his stylin' hat (helmet) she wanted to make sure to get one for her little boy. You go lady! We had a good laugh about that.
Taylor's favorite part was the park at Union Square and the ice cream from Mr. Softie. Oh he also loved the water fountain we stopped at so mommy could feed the twins. The lion waterfall was pretty cool but I was pretty sure many people and urinated all over it. It stunck. Welcome to NYC! One more thing-I forgot him and daddy road the Subway while mommy walked around. Taylor really wanted to ride the train so they went down for a ride, I wasn't so sure I wanted to take the twins, and the stroller, to much hassle. I didn't mind just walking around downtown NY, there is so much to see.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Gramercy Street Festival
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like fun!! That is so funny about that lady!! I bet you just about busted up right when she asked! LOL We miss you have you made any plans yet?
We, of course, appreciated the helmet story too. We got lots of looks and comments about Isaac's, but not anybody wanting to buy one! Too funny.
Post a Comment