I saw our pictures of Boston today and I realized I never blogged about it. On Labor Day we were lucky enough to go to Boston. We woke up at 3:45a, got ready and loaded the kids in the car. We had the oppurtunity to go to the Boston temple but we had to be there by 7:30. We arrived there on time and our friends, the Ogdens, watched our three kids at the church next door we went in. Then we watched their children whild they went in. It was such a great time. The children really loved being able to walk around the temple grounds and see how beautiful it was. I left my camera in the church by accident, so no picutres.
Afterwards we drove down into Boston and drove around Fenway Park while the twins slept and then parked downtown where we walked across a bridge to the USS Constitution. Taylor loved the battleship. He also loved following the red line that went throughout the city to all the historical sites. I have to agree, it was pretty cool. After a little site seeing we met back up with the Ogdens for lunch and a street performer magic show. The last thing we did was take Taylor back to a water fountain play area that we had seen earlier. He really wanted to jump in. I had a change of clothes so we let him get soaked. He loved it.
We had a great time. I love sight seeing and love to take my children on little historic adventures. The best part of all though was the temple and talking about it with the kids, while they experienced it.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Boston
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! That looks like fun. I think we need to have a whole month to get to go see all the cool stuff out there.
Post a Comment