Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011!

We headed to New Jersey for Thanksgiving Day. The drive was horrible as usual, 7 hours of driving with four kids in the car and no movies (I forgot the laptop). After the long long drive we were excited to be with Dave's family and I was excited because some of my family (Casey, Lindsey and Jack) were coming over for Turkey dinner. I love being with my In-Laws but it felt like a piece of home was there with me.

Thanksgiving morning Dave got in some football and ultimate frisbee while I dressed kids and then took them to watch for a little while. Taylor and I raced around the field about 10 times, so I got my exercise too. Drew was having a hard day so he got to race with me. I raced Taylor with Drew in my arms, that is a good workout, awkward but good.

Turkey dinner was wonderful, thanks to MaryAnn, my Mother In-Law. That evening we took the kids to a park cause the weather was nice. The next day we headed into Philadelphia and watched the Macy's Christmas light show, walked through Charles Dickens village, sat on Santa's lap and ate McDonalds with the homeless, Occupy protesters, and Mormons (inside story). We got to do all of this with Casey, Lindsey and Jack. Thanks for joining us in the fun.

On Saturday, Cecily was baptised. We got to be a part of that special day and my children really enjoyed seeing her getting baptised. Congrats Cecily!!!

It was a wonderful holiday. I love being with family and that is what we got to do.

One of the pictures is from Taylor's Thanksgiving preschool program. He was so cute and so nervous with all the people watching him. They sang about 5 songs and Taylor maybe sang 5 words. Afterwards his teacher said she was amazed because during the practices he was the loudest and best singer. That shocked me, he never sings at home. We will have to see how he does in other programs.

1 comment:

The Staheli's said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday season. Christmas is my favorite time too! i love the tree Taylor picked out. We miss you guys and love to see pictures. Logan is getting so big!! Love you all!!