Wednesday, January 9, 2008

RSV

Our sweet little buddy has RSV. I was worried about him the last few days so I called the pediatrican yesterday but the nurse was sure it was just a common cold. I didn't worry too much because today Taylor had his 9 month check-up and the Doctor could look at him then.

This morning Taylor woke with his eyelashes stuck together and just not looking happy. He also had a rash across his chest and back. Well we went to the Dr. at 2pm and Taylor coughed while we were there and the doctor asked me if that is how he has been coughing the last few days. I said "yes." He then informed me that is a RSV cough and the goopy eye is an eye infection and the rash is a symptom of the virus. Unfortunely, there is nothing we can do to help him. Hopefully, it doesn't get worse.

I do have to say that even through all this nastiness that Taylor has he is a happy little boy. He has a little whimper that he makes when he wakes up from coughing and will go back to sleep with a little comforting. During the day he goes about playing and beating up on the dogs. We love him so much.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Poor little guy! That is so hard when your kids are sick and there is really nothing to do to help them. Hope he gets better soon!

Kari said...

Sorry to hear about Taylor. Will had a mild case of RSV along with Bronchitis his first winter. Pat also got Bronchitis but at least they give adults something for it. That was the hardest thing for me, that they don't give the little guys anything to help, you just have to wait it out. Hopefully he is already feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy!! I'm glad that he is feeling better! We need to all start getting together every week!!
Youg blog is so cute!! What a cute fam!! I'm going to add you to my links! talk to you soon! Mar