Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Swim, Ride, Run



Last blog for the day is about my machine Dave. He has more energy than anyone I have met and he blows me away when it comes to his endurance. Last year he did one (his first ever) sprint triathlon and he just finished his first this year. He has been doing a little training but nothing too serious. We went to Logan and he competed in the Cache Valley Triathlon and took 29th overall and 4th in his age division. Afterwards he doesn't seem too tired and he doesn't get sore. I don't understand that, who can do that! Well, he can. Great Job! Doesn't he look hot in those tight spandex shorts and tight shirt!

On the Thursday before the triathlon Taylor got really sick. He threw up more than I thought possible. It was my first experience with a sick child throwing up all over the house, in his crib, all over me and anything in his path. It was miserable. Friday he threw up a few more times in the morning but it eventually stopped. That night we headed to Logan for the triathlon. He was so sleepy and so quiet all night and all day Saturday. At the tri it was so easy to take care of him because he didn't want out of his stoller and slept part of the time. It has taken him a long time to get better. I think he is finally there. His energy returned just yesterday afternoon and he is finally eating everything again. Anway, that is why he looks so tired and sad in the picture with Dave.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! Machine is an understatement!! I don't think I could ever have enough energy to do that!! You go Dave!!
Glad that Taylor is feeling better!

The Serre's said...

Dave,

Its Joe. How are you doing? I miss you so much. I was just looking at your blog and noticed how cute you are. Did you know on MY blog we have links to Tracie's old boyfriends. But we also have links to Michals old boyfriends. I bet you cant guess who that is. Well I have got to go blog some more. You have a wonderful day and remember United Friends Forever in Never Ending Sillyness. Yipeeeeeeeeeee. Call me.

Joe

The Serre's said...

Hi Dave its Joe. I was just looking at your Blog and noticed how cute you are. You know on MY blog we have links to Tracie's old boyfriends. But we also have links to Michal's old boyfriends. Bet you cant guess who that is. I have to go blog some more. Remember we are United Friends Forever in Neverending Sillyness. Yippeeeeeeeeee. Drop me a line sometime on my blog or call me.

Joe

Kari said...

Dave is amazing, of course I get winded if I have to run to the car :) It is definitely not fun having a little kid throw up. Not that it is fun at any age, but at least when they get older then can warn you, or try and make it to the bathroom. Last summer Will had bacterial colitis and it was three months of being thrown up on in the middle of the night, just as I would pick him up, just as I had changed his clothes, etc. It was like he would wait just until he was on carpet or the couch to throw up. Glad Taylor is doing better. It was fun to see you last week. I think Will would love to go to the Noah's Ark at T.P., so we'll have to arrange that.