We didn't have any plans for Friday night so for a last minute idea we decided to go camping. We had been wanting to go all summer but just hadn't found the right time. Friday afternoon I put together our camping stuff and we headed up American Fork canyon. We found a spot near Cascade Springs, assembled the tent and started a fire. Dave was a good boy scout so he had the fire going quickly but not as quick as I put up the tent. Chalk one up for the women!
Anyway, we had a lot of fun. It was Taylor's first camp out. He loved his fire roasted hot dog and our chicken tinfoil dinners were awesome. The best I have had. Taylor fell asleep fairly quickly, all bundled up in his new mummy bag. Around 2am Taylor woke up and flipped out. He was scared to death and couldn't get out of his restricting bag. Poor guy! He eventually went back to sleep and we woke up around 7am. When Dave opened the door of the tent I couldn't believe my eyes, everything was frozen. I just hadn't thought about how cold it was going to be and we were all warm at night. Our tent was frozen over on the outside, our chairs that we left out were covered in frost and the firewood covered in frost. It made for a cold morning but a fun adventure. We ended the morning by stopping at the reservoir. What a great family weekend.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Burrrrr Cold!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Looks like fun. We are planning our first camping trip this year for this coming weekend. However we are going south hopefully to avoid the frozen campground. It looks like Taylor enjoyed himself though. Will things camping is like living at the playground.
How fun! We didn't go camping at all this year... glad you guys were able to go! We'll all have to go next summer, that would be a blast! Cute pictures!
We haven't camped with our kids since...hmmm...ever! Once Mike and Isabel slept out in the tent in the backyard (Cecie chickened out a few minutes into the adventure). I guess we should try that again!
I went came up past Kamas with my ward and we nearly froze too. I couldn't believe all the frost. Thanks for the mummy bag you guys got me last Christmas.
I love the pictures and I really need to check out the mummy bag for Taylor. I didn't even know they existed for little ones.
That sounds like fun! Tin foil dinners are way good! I can't believe there is already frost! :( It was fun to see you guys last week! Taylor is so cute!!
Post a Comment