Thursday, January 22, 2009

He is growing up!

I can't believe how much Taylor is growing up. He is definitely not my baby anymore. He repeats everything we say, he knows what he wants and when he wants it and how to get it, and he is learning to go potty on the toilet.

As his personality comes out I have found he is a little shy and attached to mom and dad. He won't let us leave nursery (I think that will change this week), and I take him to story time at the library and he won't leave the seat next to me. We are working on it though and I am making sure to take him to play date, the library and his little neighbor friend Nixon comes over and plays. Well, at least Nixon's parents and us swap on weekends to have a date together as a couple. Taylor stills cries a little when we leave him at Nixon's but it is only for a few minutes and Taylor loves it when Nixon is over.

Here are a few pictures Taylor the last few weeks.

Taylor after story time at the Library


We were making cookies and Taylor was being "helpful" and turned on the mixer at full speed, right after I had put the flour in. I love the sad lip.

This is Taylor's friend Nixon. They loved the ice cream...

and showing off their muscles.

5 comments:

Alison said...

So cute! I love the mixer picture!

None of my kids have been overly willing to go to nursery alone, either. But they've all gone off to sunbeams beautifully!

You are such a good mom. I used to take Isabel to the library story time faithfully and Cecily sporadically. Poor Bentley goes not at all! I need to get better about that.

kristin said...

He is getting so big!! although he takes after his dad and is "SKINNY" j/k dave I know it is all muscle!!

Kari said...

He's so big! I love the bottom lip sticking out in the cookie picture. Will has that look down. I'm also glad to see that my child isn't the only one prefers to just be in his diaper.

Lesa Hough said...

Yes...he is growing up! The picture after story time cracks me up...Taylor the school boy.

Anonymous said...

Super cute pictures! He is such a cute little boy!! Love the story time pic! I was sad that we missed it this week, Ali has been sick!