We had such a great time on the 4th of July, I wanted to make sure and post about it. Our amazing friends, The Smiths, invited us to breakfast at Brighton. I did not know what to expect but I was wanting to get out of the house and thought that sounded fun. Dave went biking at 6am up Big Cottonwood Canyon so he met us up there at 9am.
It was so much fun. We had breakfast, watched a parade (it was small but cute and there was lots of candy, Taylor thought that was cool), and walked around the lake at Brighton.
Then we all needed naps so we crashed and got in some good rest. Then that evening we got to party with the Derricks (and the Brown family) which is always fun. Thanks to them. We had a BBQ and watched the Thanksgiving Point fireworks.
All of the children were very good the whole time, which made me happy. Taylor loved the fireworks and got to play with this first sparkler. Unfortunately he hit another sparkler, as a child ran by, and burned his finger. It was pretty sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment