Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Time!

After we were not successful in finding a house to move into before Christmas, I was pretty sad about being in this apartment. The more I look at it the more I realize that it is a fun experience and one we won't have often. I am sad we don't have any of our decorations, they are in storage. Mainly I miss our stockings and my nativity scene but we will survive. Dave's mom provided some decorations to make our apartment festive. We love our 2 ft tree and "sweet" ornaments.

Merry Christmas!


Meet Sticks!
An Elf has flown in from the North Pole to stay with us and watch over the children for the holiday season. He watches to see if they are naughty or nice. Then he flies back to the North Pole everynight and reports. Each morning Taylor has to find where he is hiding. It has been so fun to have Sticks in our home. Taylor loves talking to him and being nice so Sticks will report nice things to Santa.
P.S. We had to name our elf and Taylr wanted to name the elf Kassidy (our cute cousins name, whom Taylor loves and misses). I said "that is a good name we will see if that sticks." The next thing I know he is calling the elf Sticks and that is what stuck.

7 comments:

Alison said...

Wow...the elf is a clever idea! I need to track one down for my kids. We could use some behavior modification!

The babies are getting so big! Can't wait to see them!

Can you e-mail me (aliemike@aol.com) your new address? Thanks!

P.S. Taylor is invited to Bentley's birthday party this Saturday the 19th. I mailed it and realized only after the fact that I hadn't written the zip code on there! (And now I've lost even the beginning of your address). It is from 2 to 4 at our house.

Mindy said...

So cute!!! Sticks is awesome! What a cute idea! Your twins have grown so much!!! Your kids are so cute!!! Miss you guys!! Merry Christmas!! xoxo

The Staheli's said...

So fun!! You will have fun memories from that little apartment. The kids are soo cute. Miss you guys. Tell sticks to come visit my house.

Amy Johnson said...

Love Sticks! "Friend" is at our house and doesn't quite control the behavior of the 12 yr old, but still does the 9yr old:)

Candi said...

What a fun little tradition! I love hearing new ideas from different families, so fun!

kristin said...

love the little tree and sticks!! phinney has been our trusty elf for several years as you probably remember and both kids love him! sorry your not in a house yet!

Anonymous said...

Cute Cute!! You guys are so much fun!