Dave has always talked about going to New Jersey in the fall and this year we were able to do it. It was a little late in the fall so most of the leaves had changed colors and were falling but it was still beautiful.
While we were there we got to do so much. The first day Dave and I went to the Washington DC temple with his home ward. It was a great experience and it is such a beautiful temple. Then we were able to eat dinner at the Willis home. They were so kind to feed us. Also Dave, Mike and some guys that they grew up with in the ward got to laugh about the old days. While we were gone to DC, Grandma and Grandpa took care of all the children. THANKS!!!!
Sunday, Monday and Tuesday we just relaxed and enjoyed being with the family. We got to rake leaves, play in the trees, and go to the Aquarium. Taylor loved seeing all the fish, the hippopotamus was fun to look at but he did not want to be close.
Wednesday we left Taylor again and headed to New York. Dave had to drag me around because I was not feeling well. We saw Grand Central Station, the UN building, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, a lot of Central Park, FAO Schwartz (I wouldn't play the big piano), Ray's Pizza, and the highlight of the night was the Dave Letterman show. While we were in line for the show they asked us a few questions, Dave acted all excited and full of enthusiasm. Well, he did a great job, they liked him so much we got put with the crazy crowd that gets to sit in the first rows. We got front row seats right next to Paul Shaffer and his band. We had so much fun and really enjoyed the overall experience.
Thursday we left for Palmyra, New York. On the way we passed Scranton (the city that the tv show Office is based out of), we were excited to see it. Friday morning I woke up with the room spinning and needing to find the bathroom. Needless to say everyone went to Niagara Falls without me because I couldn't leave the toilet. I knew I was pregnant but had not been this sick, I thought something was wrong. Anyway, Dave and Taylor went to Niagara but Dave forgot his camera, so we have no pictures.
Saturday we explored all the wonderful LDS sites in Palmyra. It was an very spiritual and amazing experience (it just would have been better if everything wasn't spinning). Then we headed back home. When we got back to Mt. Laurel we said our goodbyes and then next morning we jumped back on the airplane and came home to Utah. I can't tell you how happy I was to be in my own car, my own house, and my own bed. I hate being sick when I am around others.
Sorry to all those that had to witness me being sick. Thanks to everyone for such a great trip. We love to visit New Jersey, especially the family!! Taylor absolutely loved hanging out and just watching Isabel, Cecily and Bentley. THANKS!!!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
New Jersey in the fall
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Looks beautiful! Sorry you were so sick, but it looks like a fun trip. I'm so jealous you got to see the Letterman Show! And you got a picture with Rupert! I have a pic with him from our trip to N.Y. The picture with Taylor and hippo is great.
sounds fun! i would love to go back there. im sorry you were so sick. seriously if you want us to take taylor for an evening or weekend we can! please call.
That sounds like so much fun!! I would love to go out their and do all that. Dave maybe you could talk your Dad and Mom into watching all my kids too for a day or so. j/k It is beautiful there. I look forward to a guided tour some day.
Hi Tracie-
I read on Lesa's blog that you are having twins...we actually just had our twins 3 1/2 weeks ago. You are in for an adventure and especially with another little guy at home (we also have a 2 year old). When you get closer and start freaking out (and you will) give me a call, I am learning quickly that other people with twins are the best resources because no matter what anyone says...it's a whole new ball game!!! Congrats to you guys!
Camille (phillips)
Congrats congrats Tracie! We're so happy for you and Dave. and Taylor...the big bro, how fab. Soo sorry about your being sick at Niagra, I can picture it too well, I was sick and prego with Anneclaire last time we were there :) Hope to see you soon!
Tracie- I loved hearing about your trip- I loved all the pictures that brought back a few memories- You look so cute, even though I could tell you weren't feeling awesome! lets play!
Post a Comment